Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The older I get the less..... the more..... cars

This is part 2 of ? more to come on other topics

The older I get the more my priorities seem to change. I don't know if its caring less or if it takes more to get my attention.... or impress me..... or matter to me. Before you roll your eyes too far, don't take this post as being filled with some deep, long sought-for concept. I'm just saying..... Let's talk about cars.
There has been a lot of guff being given and a lot of grief dished out on the subject of cars lately.  Everyone has their own opinion about what people should drive, I have mine, you have yours, and it's ok if they are different. And my opinions...... have changed quite a bit since I started driving.  Cars and getting a drivers license used to seem like a right of passage or this incredible freedom.  You can go anywhere, see anything, adventure, explore the backroads.  And that's all true but, what you drive doesn't change the destination, or the things you see out the window.  To be honest I really don't care that much about cars anymore.

The only things I want my car to do are...... be comfortable, get better than average fuel economy, and not break down that often.  Oh, and have heated seats for Linz.  So just about anything that meets those wants is a viable option for me.  If we are really getting down to it, I wish I didn't even need a car.  It would be so great if I could just walk, ride a bike, or take public transportation on a daily bases.  Maybe just have 1 car for the wife and I to use on weekend trips.

What are they really???? Just huge liabilities.  With the exception of a few classics, they aren't assets.  If I buy a new 20k car its worth only 16k the moment I sign the title. Then it dwindles to 10k over the next 3 years.

I'm willing to be honest, the muscle cars and a few others will always turn my head.  But, for the most part 95% of the cars on the road look just like all the others.  So maybe think about how much its going to cost you on a monthly basis.  Or don't...... its only money.

Thanks for the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment