Saturday, February 20, 2010

Women's Curling anyone???

Ok, I have to admit that I am borderline obsessed with the Olympics.  But today I am taking it to a new level.  Not only am I watching women's curling, I have watched enough curling today to realize what's going on.  Nothing like hearing U-S-A being yelled out at two women frantically sweeping ice.
 
The Winter Olympics have been getting huge ratings this year. They have just been doing everything right.  I can watch all the highlights when I get home from work and unlike the summer games, I fell like I can relate more to the winter athletes. They have day jobs and they look more like us.  Throw that in with the feeling that watching the Olympics makes you feel "smarter."  Yes, I have reached a sophisticated level, I watch international sports, umm yes.  (said with a terrible French accent)  It's really the only sport that makes you feel that way.  It's why I want the news to be on when I know someone is coming over to the house.  "Did you see who got kicked off the island?" or "Did you see CSI Las Vegas last night?" then I look at my TV that's tuned to the news and look back at you and say "No sorry didn't catch that" In all truth I didn't see your prime-time show because I was watching Jersey Shore episode 6 for the 3rd time.  So the real question is, would I watch the Olympics if no one else would ever know if I watched it or not?
The answer is yeah, I think so
 
If we want to get right down to it. I love the winter Olympics because I watched Cool Runnings about 60-70 times growing up(I tried to give an honest number). Huh, well, we liked it. We memorized the little songs. Idk. It was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment