Wednesday, February 17, 2010

why this? why now?

Well...... the truth is I have been wanting to do one of these for a while.  I put it off because I didn't think I had any real interesting things to say.  Nothing that would change any lives anyway.  But I realized that’s OK.  I do have lots of opinions on things and this is a good place to put them down.  I already started keeping a journal last year and I keep telling myself, “you need to type this out” so this seems like a 2 bird 1 stone kind of deal.  I also want to have some online interaction with people but I can’t stand facebook.  I mean it.  It’s ok if you only have a few “friends” but eventually you end up with all kinds of weird stuff that just overwhelms you all the time.  I do want to share pictures and stories about what’s going on, the places we go, and the projects I have with my wife.  However, I do not want to accept your gang war invitation; yes, I would like to learn my hidden vampire power, but not if its going to post on the wall of hundreds of other people; and no, I honestly don’t care that someone I went to class with in 9th grade had a bad day at work and decided to status update from their mobile which led to their friends sending an ismile cartoon to make their day better.  So, what I needed was a place to write down some thoughts and not get bombarded.  I am thinking of posting a few things that I already have written down.  In order to kind of dip my toe in the blog water.  I like to read, so there will be a book review here or there.  I like following sports (stay tuned for the perfect bcs playoff system, jk…. well maybe not).  I listen to financial talk and current events on the radio a few hours a day, so those topics might pop up too.  I really like to travel, especially to dense urban areas.  I love the buildings and all the people.  Extra homage to a city that is fun and unique.  Most of the design stuff will be left to my much more talented family but I am a sucker for anything that is different.  I doubt I would be able to really stay focused on any one thing for too long.  I’m a pendulum.  Thanks for reading. G

No comments:

Post a Comment